High voltage galvanic isolation of transmission lines
All devices, installations and systems can now be reliably protected with economical solutions from Kenton Design & Technology.
The Line Isolating Unit 202A provides high voltage galvanic isolation of transmission lines with DSL/Broadband services or active equipment installed.
The LIU202A is one of a series of Din Rail mounted surge protectors designed to protect your sensitive datacom, telephone and instrumentation equipment against harmful lightning surges and electrical transients.
The isolator may be used on ADSL2+, HDSL, SDSL, SHDSL and SHDSL.bis service lines providing isolation to “hot” sites such as high voltage electricity sub-stations that are subject to a rise of earth potential or for the protection of transmission equipment from the flashover and static discharge.
Key Take Aways
- ISOLATION: 15 kV RMS AC at 50Hz
- BROADBAND CHARACTERISTICS TO LINE: Nominal impedance 135 ohms
- CHARACTERISTICS TO EQUIPMENT Nominal Impedance 135 ohms Insertion loss +/- -0/25dB
- DSL SERVICES : • ITU – T G.992.2 (ADSL.G lite) • ITU – T G.992.3 (ADSL2 G dmt) • ITU – T G.992.5 (ADSL2+ DMT) • ITU – T G.991.2 (SHDSL)
- SPEEDS: • ASDSL2+ 27Mbps/4Mbps • SHDSL 5.7Mbps
- MOUNTING: • DIN rail 46 277 & 50 022 • Two screw fixing holes in base 4.5mmØ
- TEMPERATURE: • -20 to +70 C
- MATERIAL: • Case: Polycarbonate UL94 V-1 • Colour RAL7032
- TERMINATION• Screw termination • Wire size 2.5 to 4mm²
- SIZE: D 75 x W 55 x H 110
- WEIGHT: 430g
- MEETS THE REUQIREMENTS OF: • Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC: safety to BS EN 60950: 1998
Get in touch to talk about your project
We can help?
Our expert team are waiting for your call to assist!
Whether you are at the beginning or ready to specify your project requirements we are ready to take your call.
The way forward
Every project is different, our expert team adapts and works with you towards your solution.