The V-NID performance assurance suite provides a comprehensive solution for verifying networks on a granular and continuous basis, and validating SLA conformance. By utilising standard reflectors such as ETH-OAM or TWAMP integrated into the network components in combination with Accedian’s patented measurement technique the V-NID product suite enables one-way monitoring of network performance with high accuracy, without the need for hardware test points at each end of the connection.
Optionally, endpoints equipped with the V-NID Standards+ software reflector offers you an even larger set of high accuracy one-way metrics as well as the option to disguise your measurements to look like any other end-user frame on the network such as VoIP flows, SCTP signals or HTTP streams.
- V-NID Actuator – the active performance measurement component in the V-NID performance management architecture.
- Performance Monitoring (PM) Reflector – An Accedian or 3rd party, standards based responder of measurement frames sent from a V-NID ACTUATOR
- V-NID Manager – the main controller unit in the V-NID application performance and SLA monitoring suite.
- VisionMETRIX – Accedian’s performance visualisation portal delivering actionable and concise dashboards of network performance
- TWAMP Sessions – Support for Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) sessions as specified in RFC-5357.
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack for both management and TWAMP measurements
- Ethernet OAM Sessions – Support for ITU-T Y.1731 (and IEEE 802.1ag) sessions. Ethernet Loopback (ETH-LB), Two-way Frame Delay Measurement (ETH-DM) and Vendor Specific OAM PDU (ETH-VSP) implementing a layer-2 version of 2xOneWay.
Performance Monitoring (PM) Reflector
- ICMP and UDP echo
- TWAMP TWO-WAY Active Measurement Protocol as specified in RFC-5357
- Ethernet OAM as specified in ITU-T Y.1731 and IEEE 802.1ag
- Centralised provisioning, management, mediation and reporting
- SLA Configuration and Management – including alarm filters, reporting rules as well as customer related information.
- Report Engine – For periodic report generation, the report engine will automatically aggregate measurement data with configurable intervals (hours to months). The report engine is accessed through a user-friendly web-based interface.